Sigma Nu has quite a few unique differences that set us apart from the rest of the fraternities nationwide. Our national chapter found a way to give back to its' members in more than just brotherhood and activities that we participate in each year. Sigma Nu has a program called LEAD, a four-phase member development program. LEAD is an acronym for Leadership, Ethics, Achievement, and Development. The purpose of LEAD is to develop ethical leaders for society, brothers who will make an impact on their chapter, campus and community. Each of the phases includes a unique curriculum. Sessions include exercises, simulations and discussions to highlight leadership issues students will face while in school and later in their lives and careers. The LEAD Program was originally developed by the Sigma Nu Educational Foundation. Sigma Nu Fraternity is able to implement the program through the generous support of the Foundation, which is in turn supported by Sigma Nu alumni.
Benefits For The Members
- Build self confidence.
- Help members attain a strong sense of achievement.
- Develop leadership skills in members and officers.
- Improve communication skills.
- Help members reflect on leadership and ethical issues.
- Help members become better team players.
- Develop problem-solving skills.
- Build character.
- Help members get involved in extracurricular activities.
- Develop critical thinking skills
Benefits For The Chapter
- Move ideas forward.
- Build confidence.
- Promote dialogue about the chapter and its future.
- Help develop future officers of the chapter.
- Help the chapter focus on continuous improvement.
- Help members get to know each other and bring the chapter closer together.
- Set a new standard of excellence.
- Get everyone involved in the life of the chapter.
- Create an expectation for leaving the chapter better than it was when members joined.
- Encourage members to contribute who otherwise might stay in the background.
- Because Sigma Nu is committed to giving brothers the skills they need to be successful, now and after graduation.
- Because Sigma Nu understands that a fraternity must help members grow as people, leaders, students and brothers.
- Because Sigma Nu does not stand for the status quo.
- Because Sigma Nu believes in strong friendships. Brotherhood should mean friends for life.
- Because Sigma Nu believes collegians should be active in the Fraternity during their entire time in school.
- Because Sigma Nu believes that juniors and seniors have important roles to play in their chapters and valuable insights to share.
- Because continuous improvement is the hallmark of Sigma Nu's success. LEAD gives chapters the tools they need to evaluate where they are, set their direction and work toward their goals.
Any questions contact Kody Anderson: firstname.lastname@example.org